BCSC Summer Camp Full Scholarships
otherwise known as... Camperships
***THIS INFORMATION IS FROM 2016***
We are hoping to offer camperships in 2017 and in fact expand the program.
Thanks to generous donations from the Baltimore Community Foundation and the US Sailing REACH initiative, BCSC is excited to announce over $6500 in scholarships available for 12 campers.
Applications for full scholarships are due by June 6, 2016. Please email all document to: Scholarships@bcsailing.org. This account is monitored by the BCSC Director, Eileen Fahrmeier.
Camperships awardees will be choosed by the a four-person committee and will be notified on June 12, 2016.
Check out the Flyer with campership information (ready to distribute).
- FIVE full tuition camperships to a 2-week sailing camp ($749 value each)
- July 11 – July 22 (ages 10-13) – City bus available
- July 25 – August 5 (ages 8-15)
- August 8 – August 19 (ages 10-15)
- THREE full tuition camperships to a 1-week Chesapeake Child camp ($389 value each)
- June 27 – July 1 (ages 6-11) - City bus available
- July 4 – July 8 (ages 6-8)
- July 18 – July 22 (ages 6-8) - City bus available
- FOUR full tuition camperships to a 1-week STEM/ Adventure Xcite sailing camp ($449 value each)
- July 18 – July 22 (ages 10-13)
- Note: there is no required proof of financial need for this campership
How to apply:
- Deadline to apply is June 6, 2016
- Will be notified by June 12, 2016
1. Download and fill out the Application, including a personal statement from the potential camper. Applicants should show:
- A desire to be outside and around the water
- A desire to try new things
- A sense of “adventure”
2. Email completed application to Scholarships@bcsailing.org
3. Ask a mentor or teacher to send an email of recommendation to Scholarships@bcsailing.org
4. For need based scholarships, email proof of free or reduced school lunch in the past three years (or equivalency) to Scholarships@bcsailing.org
Sailing campers must be able to swim 25 yards while wearing a lifejacket. Chesapeake Child campers must be comfortable around the water and be able tread water while wearing a lifejacket. Swimming lessons may be available.
Camperships are funded through the Baltimore County Sailing Center by the Baltimore Community Foundation and US Sailing REACH initiative.
Any camper who is already enrolled and wishes to apply for a campership is eligible to do so. If awarded, any program fees that have already been paid on their behalf will be credited towards future BCSC programming.